The Redmond giant has introduced the new Surface Pro 5, a solution that comes with an external design virtually identical to the one we saw on Surface Pro 4 and which debuts a new name.
Microsoft has decided that the new Surface Pro 5 should be called Surface Pro 2017, a major change that clearly reflects the abandonment of the numbers one favor of the year of release to differentiate between generations.
A simple view may think that there is no important news but in fact, the opposite happens, as you can see in the summary of changes and improvements that we leave below:
- The version with Intel Core i5 now comes without a fan.
- Improvements in the battery, up to 50% more battery life with a maximum of 13.5 hours of use.
- Restructured chassis with smooth and rounded edges.
- Thinner radial openings and new very quiet dissipation system.
- Optional 4G LTE connectivity with Nano SIM and eSIM support without visible antenna lines.
- The rear support foot can now open up to 165 degrees.
- New Surface Pen with 4,096 levels of pressure and only 21 milliseconds of latency.
- The front camera is now “darkened” to melt into the bezel.
- New keyboards Type Alcantara cover with platinum, burgundy, and cobalt blue colors.
- New Intel Iris Plus GPU Graphics 640 GPU on Core i7 models.
- Full compatibility with surface dial.
Regarding the specifications have confirmed different configurations with different prices, although the most economical model will cost $799. We leave a list of key specifications:
- 12.3-inch touchscreen with a resolution of 2,736 x 1,824 pixels.
- Processors Core m3 7Y30, Core i5-7300U or Core i7-7660U.
- 4 GB, 8 GB or 16 GB of LPDDR3 RAM at 1866 MHz
- SSD of 128 GB, 256 GB or 512 GB.
- Integrated GPU Intel HD 620 in the versions with Core m3 and Core i5, Intel Iris Plus 640 in the version with Core i7.
- 8 MP and 5 MP cameras with Windows Hello support.
- MicroSDXC card slot, Wi-Fi AC and USB 3.0 and Mini DisplayPort connectors.
- TPM chip for enterprise security.
- Weight and measurements: 768 grams-784 grams as version; 292 mm x 201 mm x 8.5 mm.
- Available from June 15 with Windows 10 as an operating system.